Thursday, March 31, 2011

March update- over 1/5 of the way!

Emails/Suveys (Paypal): $27
Disney rewards: 4
CapitalOne rewards: 40

New total: $2032.81

We used the Lowe's gift card this week from the Coinstar machine since we are starting our home remodel- worked great!  Glad we could use that 10% more instead of it going to fees.  I have my coins building again and will redeem them again the same way.

Food budget has been difficult the last few months- not so great sales, but it's finally getting better.  Hoping for a good April with lots of leftover!  I am on a new roll of pennies- nice to get rid of those!

Credit card- do you prefer travel rewards or cash?  I feel kind of tricked with my "Double Miles" reward card, cause when I went to see prices on things, it took twice as much reward to pay them down.  I'm looking at maybe a cash back one so I can bank that to our saving fund.  What do you use?
2009 with my 4 boys (youngest in the infant chair)

1 comment:

  1. Linds - this is a great idea for a blog! I admire your discipline to save! When do you hope to have enough saved up for your trip?

    ReplyDelete